I suggest you ...

OI Shopping List: Select multiple items and move them to another list

I LOVE this Application - I've noticed you can move an item from one list to another. This feature is VERY useful to me, but if I could select multiple items for a batch move from one list to another, that would make this app more than perfect for me. If you could make that happen. I would give it 10 stars out of a possible 5, even though I would have to do it in the comment section. My point is I would be totally thrilled.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Glenna HarrisonGlenna Harrison shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PeterPeter commented  · 

I would like to use this feature to be able use separate lists for my recipe, then move the selected ingredients for the recipe to my shopping list. I don't mine if you move, copy or just select the items in my shopping list.

• Glenna HarrisonGlenna Harrison commented  · 

I would like to create an inventory list of groceries that I have in stock at home. When I start to run out of any of those items, it would be nice to be able to select 1or more of the items that I need to be replace & move them to my shopping list. After I purchase the items, if I could select the purchased items & move them back to my inventory list, it would make things so much easier than moving them 1 at a time, like we have to do now. My theory is this, if I am able to easily manipulate my lists in this manner, it should keep me from purchasing things I didn't need or that I didn't know I already had at home. A few weeks ago, I bought a large jarof mayonnaise, I came home & put it in one of my cupboards. About a week later, Just before the holidays, I decided to organize my cupboards. As I was organizing, I found 2 other large jars of mayonnaise. Not only that I found 4 boxes of crackers, 3 bottles of vinegar, 5 bottles of cinnamon & many ot her duplicate/triplicate items. My dear husband of 44 years asked me asked me if I was secretly stocking up so I could surprise him, by opening up a corner store. Anyway, I think by now you get the idea, shopping like I have been shopping is wasteful & I don't believe anyone can afford to be wasteful in today's economy. Thanks for considering my idea.

• Aaron PeromsikAdminAaron Peromsik (Admin, OpenIntents) commented  · 

Please help us understand what you are trying to achieve. I would expect that moving items from one list to another would be something used pretty rarely. Asking for it to support multi-select makes it sound like you are moving items between lists fairly often. Can you explain what you are doing that makes you want to move items between lists so frequently?

Feedback and Knowledge Base